Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Still in California

So I was supposed to be waking up in my bed this morning, but that didn't happen. It's ok I don't mind not being home, but Cal is missing work and well I didn't stop our mail because I didnt think I would be missing this much of it. So now when I get home I will have it spilling out of my mailbox... no bueno.
Anyway... we have been doing lots of fun things so here is more of our trip. Cal and the girls had never been to San Fransisco and we thought it would be fun to go. We came in on the bay bridge and the girls thought it was so cool... we crossed the town to go to the Golden Gate Brigde for our first stop. Regan was not having it. All she kept saying was, "I don't want to go on the gold brigde I don't want to go on the gold brigde" She was mortified. It took a while to calm her down. We parked at Vista point and started to walk across, she was not happy. Lauren on the other hand was loving every minute of it. She was looking over the side, looking down the holes in the sidewalk and giggling the whole time. It's funny how different they are. Regan finally calmed down once we got to the first big pillar. ( Ya know something to hold on to) It didn't help that it was cold windy and foggy ( don't forget we are in San Fransisco) We only walked about a third of it until Lolo was too cold to go on. We did see some funny things on the bridge. Ok maybe they are not funny, but I think that the jump hotline and phone are funny. There is always hope please call... don't jump... are you serious? I think it's comical.
















After we left the bridge we went to Ghirardelli square. I forgot how crazy the hill were in San Fran until I was pushing a double stroller... ugh! Well even though I am not a real big fan of chocolate I cannot lie... this stuff is good. It's funny because in this little shopping center there are five different chocolate shops... they had fun little shops that didn't have chocolate, but pretty much if you want chocolate then this is your place.


Every where we went we saw cool things and fun people. The girls loved all the people on the streets selling jewlery and artwork They had fun watching the cable cars zip up the hills.. This guy here was an interesting guy. He kept yelling at us about how adorable our kids were... finally we went to talk to him. He was covered in crystals from head to toe, the picture does not do his bling justice. He proceeded to tell us how he could tell we did not beat our children because of their dispostion. WEIRD for sure. But they are great kids and well their parents aren't too shabby either.











We headed down to fisherman's warf. We had lunch at Rainforest Cafe. We had never been there, and were surprised how fun it was. We got to sit by a big fish tank with some crazy fish that wouldn't stop staring at us. The girls got cool lightning cups which was basically a seizure in drink form. The girls loved the animals... ok I lied whenever there was a storm and the elephants start going crazy the girls freaked out a little. :) it was cute.









On the piers we saw big ships, Alcatraz out in the bay, fast boats, crazy performers, and mind blowing amounts of stinky people. We ran into an old museum with old (still working) arcade games. Hundred year old games all the way up to games like pong. It was really cool to see all these different games that people used to play back then they only cost a penny nothing like hour dollar games now. We saw old submarines, missiles, boats and anything and everything you could think of that goes along with boats.We headed down to pier 39 where the sea lions hang out.. man do they smell bad! Those big lazy beast have taken over the whole pier. Regan freaked out when she say them and was running around the pier barking and clapping. She did is so much I thought about putting a hat down and getting some tips. If I can figure out how to put videos on here I will put the video of her doing it.
















After hours and hours of hiking around San Fran we decided to head home, while we are in the car we played one of our most favorite games... NAME THAT BAND. Having satellite radio makes it easy and fun because you have more channels and it tells you the artist right on the screen ( notice my hand) I rock at this game and Cal gets better every time. I took about 600 pictures on this trip so sorry I have a ton... ugh. More to come later... I really can only do some much at a time.




We think we might just stay here.... who needs Utah right?

6 comments:

Cason Clan said...

So there are soooo many spelling errors in this I am bugged just looking at it. it there a better way to post with a freaking grammar check? Can you do it in word and then cut and past? Let me know and forgive all my errors.

Steph said...

Oh I am so jealous!! That looks like so much fun.. I want to take a vacay out there!!

P.S. About the spell check, I think if you go to your layout screen and click edit on the Posts section there should be a spelling check thing I think, or at least in your settings, because mine underlines a word if it's spelled wrong (or if they think it is, like vacay, haha)

Angela said...

Wow that was a great post! Looks like you guys are having a wonderful time! Hope you make it home soon!

Amy said...

lookes like you guys had so much fun! You're right! The crisis phone line is pretty funny.... not for those that need it. Still funny! BTW Fairytale Land looks awsome!

clairesmom05 said...

Well helloooo....I had no idea you had a blog! Yay, more time for me to waste on the internet! That park looked fun! Sorry you guys got stuck, that happened to us last summer in Vegas. (actually that was just me and Claire with my family. She was also running a fever and barfing the whole time.) NOT FUN!!!

Linsey said...

Hey Ash! I am so excited I found your blog! I think you need to come back to Utah! We need to get together lots this summer!