Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our California Adventure

So we decided to go out to California for the long weekend. We were supposed to leave today to go home, but our car decided that it didn't want to work properly so Cal is at the dealership attemping to get it fixed. So since I am packed up and ready to go with nothing to do, I thought I would update on here and show everyone what fun we had on our trip( that will never end whahahahah)

We got here on Friday and were tired from the long drive. Let me tell you that Nevada was not the most interesting drive I have ever taken, but it sure beats driving through Idaho... if we didn't love and miss everything in Oregon we probably would never go to Idaho. We are staying in Folsom right out side of Sacramento, it's nice and pretty the weather has been nice and there are lots of trees! Its funny because there is a mix of evergreen trees and palm trees the weather is just in the middle.
Our first full day here we went to FAIRYTALE TOWN and the Sacramento ZOO!!



Fairytale town was so much fun, the whole place is a giant park full of fairytaled themed toys. The girls had a blast. Lolo hated the old lady who lived in a shoe slide! She caused a traffice jam and we had to pull her down.





We took a trip down the rabbit hole and walked the crooked mile. Watered flowers in the alphabet garden ( there was a plant that started with every letter of the alphabet) Climbed the beanstalk, played in the Sherwood forest and tons of other really fun things. It was a really fun park.After a couple of hours at fairytale town we headed over to the zoo.


This zoo was fun but I still love Portland and Hogal zoos best. They did have some animals that I had never seen before. This guy with the cool horns is called a Bongo. We saw monkeys fighting they were really loud and drew a BIG crowd.

















Lauren likes to pull her hair out of its bands and have a wild afro all the time, she looks like she belongs in the Zoo.















That was a long, but fun day out playing. The next day we decided to chill a little bit after doing so much the day before. We went to the park and played. I really think that was the first time they were in a playground with sand... they made a MESS! We love goofying around with grandpa and Daddy probably had more fun at the park then the girls did.

After that I took a little time alone for myself and hit the outlet mall. I was deeply disapointed in the variety of kids clothes... maybe I shop too much but I just was not that impressed by anything. Don't let me fool you I did bring home a few bags, it's probably better that only did a little... money doesnt grow on trees it gets sucked up by CARS!!

Ok this is all I can do right now... stayed tooned maybe tomorrow if we get home tomorrow I will put up the other fun adentures we had. Hopefully today will have nothing to note.... cross your fingers.... Coming soon... San Fransisco!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Oh no! Car problems are the worst!! I hope everything works out, looks like you're having a blast out there!