Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Yeah we made it.

We finally made it home Early in the morning on Friday. It was a looong drive and guess who got a flippin' ticket!!??? Yeah me that is right, I always get tickets when I do long drives. I have Nevada and their stupid speed limits... hello we are in the desert with no one for miles I think I should be able to go ten over! It's stupid.

We did have tons of fun, don't let my complaining fool you. It just wasn't how I wanted it and sometimes I can be a baby when I don't get what I want. While we were waiting for then darn car to be fixed we decided to try and make the best of our time there. We didn't want to go too far so we looked up what there was to do in Folsom... other then the famous prison, there were actually some fun things near by.

We decided on our first day without car to go swimming. It was creeping up to nearly 100 degrees and water seemed perfect. Oh yeah we forgot that we had packed the car up before we dumped it at the dealership. Well at least all the girls stuff. So swimming suits were about a half hour away. We opted to go to the outlet mall to get them new swimsuits instead of driving an hour out of our way. I thought I would be nice and let the girls pick out their own. BAD IDEA!! Regan decided she wanted a two piece. I have yet to buy her one because I just don't want to start that fight so early. But she brought a good point that mommy got one for her cruise. So instead of being a hypocrite I choose the let my daughter win route. Well it was not the worst two piece I could have gotten it was a little longer top and an attached skirt so... not that bad. Well when Regan gets into she transforms into a DIVA. I told her to knock off the attitude or the suit is going back. She stopped quickly! Lauren picked out a rainbow suit with a flower ( very San Fran) They had a blast swimming with Daddy. Playing and laughing. Regan is such a priss and didn't want to swim as much, she wanted to strut around the pool.

The next day without our car... we went to a fish hatchery!! We walked down this really pretty trail, we came across some roosters, runners, butterflies, dogs, and bikers... it was a busy trail. We got to the ranger station and found some wonderfully informative things about salmon and trout! ( it might sound boring but it was pretty rad and FREE!) Did I mention it was a hundred degrees and seriously the station felt so good with the air conditioning I wanted to look at everything inside. After we cooled off we headed out to the trenches... unfortunately it is not salmon season, but there were millions
( OK maybe thousands) of rainbow trout. They started really small and got bigger as we went through the trenches. The girls liked looking at all the fish up around and swim over each other.

After being out in the blazing sun we headed to this old gold mining town! It was so awesome! But when the thermostat in the car says 102 we decided not to take the tour and to get Sasparillas instead. After that we went to a fun park in the middle of this old mining town and saw some really nonathletic people trying to play basketball. It was funny to watch as the girls played I laughed at the 2 shots that were made in the hour and a half I watched... wow... really that is all I can say. I thought Cally was bad at basketball. This fun town we were in was nestled right in the mountains and had the coolest old houses. The downtown part was the best. It had all of these great shops, bakeries, antique stores... I could have spent days just walking the main street and drooling in the shops.

More swimming in sued and a lot of Wii. We finally got a call Thursdays after noon that our car was done and that we could go home. We were bummed that it was so late and that we didn't have time to stop in Tahoe... maybe next time. All in all it was a fun time. Minus a few little headaches. We are glad to be home, but we do miss Grandpa Jerry.

4 comments:

clairesmom05 said...

Yay! Welcome home! Are you going to the BBQ for the podcast people on Thursday?

Steph said...

Wowsers, what a trip!! That really is crazy, but at least you made the best of it!! Glad you had fun and that you made it home safe!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cason Clan said...

yes Heidi I am going... you better be going I don't know if I can handle all that nerdiness by myself