Monday, June 8, 2009

Busy Busy, having fun is HARD work.


We have had a great week. Lots of fun things and hardly anytime to think... but in a good way. We took our first two hikes of the summer. This year was so EASY compared to last year. The girls had fun no crying about how hard it was, whining about how hot it was or anything negative at all. Cal had fun teasing them about snakes, racing up the mountain, and giving piggy back rides. It felt good to get out of the house and play. The weather was great and the trails were virtually empty, which is nice because if any of you have ever been up in the Ogden trails... they are always busy. Regan thought that she needed a bow in here hair the first time we went, now she thinks that is her hiking bow and has to wear it. I think it is cute in a funny way. She kept checking if it was still there, she is so prissy.





















We attempted on the second hike to make it to waterfall canyon... well that was after we had been hiking for over forty five minutes on another trail.... well after a half hour of walking towards the waterfall the girls wanted to be done... so we headed back. I think this week we will attempt it again, but start on that trail.

That was a fun start to our week. Wednesday Regan started PIANO lessons. She had been talking about it for about two weeks and was so happy to finally get to go ( word of advice do not tell your four year old about things until the day before or you will get bugged everyday until it happens) I was glad that she was so excited, I think she did a good job. It is hard to tell :) I had to leave because when I am around Regan acts silly, but alone she does better. She has been practicing all week and we are trying to get it to stick. Having a four year old practice is harder than I thought. Steph ( her teacher) got some great workbooks for her and they are fun to use. She also made her a super cute notebook that she wants to carry with her everywhere. We had a hard time a church yesterday so during sacrament meeting we went and played the piano in the primary room. Regan remembered where to put her hands and we reviewed again all the things she had learned... after a couple minutes she just started plunking around so... I hope this is not the trend. She hates doing things for me or around me. I understand I was the same way with my mom, but it is really annoying Sorry MOM!! I know I was a beast and now I know how hurt you can feel when your child doesn't want you there or won't do anything in your presence. Regan is really excited for this week and so am I, I love watching my children learn and grow. I cannot wait until she is really playing and making beautiful music in our home.

This week we had the first annual nerdfest... I mean podcast BBQ. Oh I love my husband but he is such a nerd and so are all of his nerdy podcast buddies... (Heidi I know you are reading this and just so you know Regan asked about Mark for like three days and really I think it can all be attributed to his muppetness... she really likes him) anyway... it was fun to hang out with the wives of all the nerds, I mean guys, wow that word just keeps slipping out. And they actually kept the cast short this week... hallelujah. For any of you that don't know what I am talking about refer to the side panal where it says Cal's pet project. They do an online radio show about comics every week and really Cally has never been so happy. It is nice for him to finally have an outlet to get out his love for all things nerdy. Because really for the last six years I have just been ignooring him and I think it feels nice for him to have someone care about what he is talking about. He loves the TPB guys so much it is almost sad.
We also had a blast at a primary activity... no picture... I know, but I was helping run the show and well, just kind of forgot. We had a little carnival ( or at least that is what we called it ) and a pool and water slide! The kids had a blast and my girls although cold and shivery had a fun time. Later that night we got to go to a mission reunion. Only two hours late... so we missed out on the really cool people, oh wait we are the cool people. Anyway it was nice to see Cal's mission buddies and catch up, plus we like going to his misssion pres. house because he has a couple GA's that live in his neighborhood and we always hope to spot them... still not yet but we have driven by their houses... that is not stalkery just curiousity.
We had some great walks with the girls from the ward, not to mention the rockin' pool party.. .I am really crappy this week with pictures. We have had a ton of fun.

This week will not be quite the same as I am starting tennis tomorrow. I know working two days a week is so hard.... :P well it is and it takes a chunk out of fun family time and other things we get to do. Regan starts her sports class tonight and I hope the weather gets better so she can have it.

3 comments:

Linsey said...

You make me laugh so much! I love the way you write about things! Thanks for the crack ups!

Hay Dub said...

I love reading your blog! You make me laugh! ha ha ha. Looks like a fun little hike. I love the Ogden trails:) Piano?! That rocks. I want to take Piano. I want my girls to take too. You will have to tell me about it.

clairesmom05 said...

I am still laughing about the Mark comparisons... SO FUNNY!!