Saturday, June 20, 2009

More rain with small glimpses of sunshine.

Yeah so WHAT I am talking about the weather AGAIN!! oh and my week as well. ( I can use the rain analogy all day alright?!) More rain which messed up more of my tennis lessons... No week off for me this month :(. We were stuck in the house a lot and I lost my temper a lot along with my voice. I could not speak really at all. Then it came and went for days and still is pretty weak. I don't know what caused it, but it sucks. I have developed a cough a long with it and man am I SICK of coughing for nothing and not being able to speak.

Some good news ( or sunshine as I will call it today) We got a piano. The girls love it and I don't suck too bad I can play all of Regan's practice books which really does not say much for my skill. But hey it's gotta get played. Regan and Lauren have been loving it. They Take turns playing it while the other dances... This lovely one is Lolo breakin' she has mad skills. Regan does a mix of cheer, hip hop and a little ballet... thank you SYTYCD ! Practice is still a little bit of a struggle but I need to make it fun or else she is just going to hate to play.

We went to Lagoon! For Cal's company party. IT WAS SOOOO FUN... the girls are finally getting tall enough to ride some of the cool rides. Lauren LOVED the new Dragon ride and if you look close in the picture you can see her laughing, she laughed the whole time on every ride except the tidal wave! HA ! She tightened up every time we went up and was crying I felt bad for a minute, then I thought is was funny because I knew she was safe ( I am not a bad mom for laughing at my childs fears) They were sweet together and had fun riding around together. It was mostly nice and only rained towards the end of our day. The lines were short and we got to go on all the rides with no wait. When we got in the car to go home Lauren was so tired she feel asleep with a cookie in hand and some in mouth... I laughed so hard.

We tried to stay busy during the week, in between tennis lesson and things we did find some time to play. The girls got to go to the treehouse with Grandma and Grandpa Balls and I got a few NEEDED hours to myself. Between the hair cut last week and the newest mess... see pictures below, I have been tried by my sweet little bugger faces. I was cutting carrots for them for lunch and did not notice them grab the bag ( ALSMOST FULL BAG) of powdered sugar. Well they thought they needed to eat it all. and that the floor needed to be sweetened as well. The vacuum kept blowing sugar dust into the air and covered the chairs with a light dusting of sugar. I guess there are worse things that the vacuum could be blowing out... but still. I made them clean up some and they had a bath that turned into frosting... GROSS. The rest of the day Lauren was so wired I would have thought she was on crack. What a long day for a mommy with no voice, try getting your kids to do what you say when nothing is coming out of your mouth, NOT EASY.
We also went and had a tennis lesson. Just the three of us. Regan kept getting mad because she wasn't perfect and Lauren just wanted to help pick up balls the whole time, well she wasn't looking where she was going and walked right into a pole... more like the bolt on the pole. You cannot see it very well in the picture, but she had the grooves on her nose from the bolt. Yeah it gave her a bloody nose and well, it looks like I beat my kids because I had so many bloody nose pictures on this blog, I promise it is not me.

We got outside every sunny chance we got. It really has been a LOOONG week. But the forecast looks sunny.

AND since tomorrow is Father's Day I should take a line or two to say what an amazing man I married. As I blog he is wrestling with the kiddos and sharing his comics... I know I gasped a little too. My girls are so lucky to have a man that loves them so much and is not afraid to show them every chance he gets. He is fun with the girls and teaches them things that girls should know. He lets them know how amazing they are and I know that because of Cally my girls will grow up with good self esteems and will be awesome people. Cally I love you. Thanks for being such a good daddy, husband, man.

3 comments:

Marc and Liz Anson said...

It has been a LONG week! I feel your pain :( Sorry about the voice thing. Now I've got a super sore throat, a little cough and plugged up sinuses...again! NO FUN!

I love the picture of the girls holding hands...so precious! And powdered sugar? AHHH!! I would have been fuming mad!

Chelsey Hansen said...

I'm glad you like the piano. Play away!! Lagoon looked like fun, I'm jealous! hang in there!!! Sunshine is coming!

Amy said...

Oh!!! I love all the pics you posted! I love that the girls got into the powdered sugar.. Ellie did that with bum powder... it is such a mess to clean up! My vacum still smells like baby powder and I've even changed the bag since then. Oh the joys of kids! (:

Yeah.. I hear ya on the LONG week thing... I've been dying... the Ellie's dying.. to get out of the house. Any bit of sunshine we've been out of the house but it's never long enough.

Also... I really love the presh Lagoon moments you captured... you can tell the girls had a blast! The pic of the girls holding hands... too presh!