Friday, July 10, 2009

Blog Lazy

So I have been super blog lazy, and well lazy in general really. i have been getting gentle nudges to update so here we go.
Nothing so super excited just regular summer time fun. Regan's sports class is done. I feel like I want to keep her in it all summer, but well... we are busy with other things. She is still doing piano, we had a couple week hiatus, but we are back on and going strong. We have had a lot of fun playing with our friends, having preschool with the kids in the neighbor hood along with me teaching tennis and give my girls and some friends girls tennis lessons ( really just playing). It has been a lot of fun. Lauren is obsessed with sun"scream" and wants to put it on about a hundred times a day and slathers it on me every time I leave the house as well. It's good for me, just a little bothersome. I have a mole that turned white! EAK... so I really should get it checked out as well as wear sun screen for my life outside.

For the 4th of July we went up to Pineview and had a blast with some fam and friends. The girls love the beach. Lauren loves the water and Regan likes to strut her stuff. Lauren really had to go to the bathroom... and we were no where near the bathroom so after a few minutes of crying she just peed on the beach. Don't worry I kicked sand over it :) She would not go in the port-o-potty type bathroom and cried for ever about going on the beach again. I don't understand that child. I am giving her permission to pee there and she won't , but she will pee on the bathroom floor like it is her job... anyway. We had fun building sand castles, seriously sucking up smashball and being pelting with a nerf football that weighed four pounds because it had absorbed so much water. We all came home and crashed before fireworks. So last year as many already have heard me complain. We were in Portland. I love Portland don't get me wrong, but we went up to Rocky Butte and looked over all of Portland and into Vancouver WA.... it was really pretty up there but trying to watch fireworks from that far away is like kissing standing ten feet apart. You can see them off in the distance, but there is no effect. Clearfield is just awesome. The fireworks rock and they always have and so I guess I got spoiled and nothing else is good enough. We went to North Ogden's founders day fireworks and they were bad, but we had good company, then we went to West Points fireworks and they were nice just only about five minutes long. Clearfields are just the best.... anyway enough ranting about how awesome the fireworks are. I also like going because I get to see so many people from growing up. We all sit in the same spots every year and it is just fun to see families grow and change from year to year. Our friends Luke and Amy came with us too with their SUPER cute girls and we all had fun enjoying the show and snuggling with each others kids. :) We were not very festive but Lauren did manage to steal a head band that made her look HOT! Cally and I had fun together like always... and Geez Cal could you ruin another picture? HA i know I look HOT. Oh and since I been getting a lot of questions about my hair here is a glimpse. Thanks to Liz and My sister Shauna for making it look a million times better. Ah there went 8 inches! That is like a year of growing it out.

We have been trying to hit the trails as well. Most of the time it has been pretty good but of course when we go with friends. They go up a lot and take their CUTE baby Andy. I think Andy might be the cutest little boy I have ever seen. And so sweet and quite! The best kind of babies. The girls complained a lot and we only made 3/4 of the way up before turning around. They did get to have their first experience with Beef Jerky... yummm. Our summer is going well and we are enjoy almost every minute of it. If only there was not work... we just had money and could go and do :( oh well. Life is good I cannot complain.
We did get new family photos done, but I will put them in a slide or something because I don't want to post all of them I like too many of them. But don't worry grandparents you will be getting copies soon.

4 comments:

Linsey said...

Sounds like lots of fun, with a little drama from the girls, but what can you expect, they are girls! You really need to try a boy next time!

Summers said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun summer!! Your blog is way cute! Sorry I found you on Linseys blog and had to check it out! Your girls are getting way big..they are too cute!!

Summers said...

I use Linsey for the updates on you guys- but its been awhile too. No I couldn't find a teaching job down there so we actually moved back to Ogden. We live on WAshington down by the Walmart!! So if you ever want to swim or something we live in an apt with a pool!!

Chelsey Hansen said...

I'm glad you updated! You guys seem like you're super busy with fun stuff. I miss summer! We're still in the "cold" weather. You're girls are cute. I'm glad all is well. How is primary?! (and ym?)