Friday, June 12, 2009

Tears from heaven and a few more from me

I am so sick of RAIN. My kids are nuts because of the weather... I have to cancel tennis class which means that I have to make it up on my week off, It's the middle of June and it is cold. I could go on and on about how grumpy this makes me but I will choose to ignore it and TRY to think positively. It IS watering my lawn which is really needing it right now. Look how positive I am being. :)
Regan started her sports class this week and she had so much fun. She is the only girl in the class (sad) and it is apparent. They were warming up with a little jog and she stopped in the middle to point out a rainbow. The boys didn't even flinch, but I know that if there were other little girls there they would have cared too. So that is a picture of Regan's sports class rainbow. I am glad we were able to have it with the weather we have been having I was not sure. Regan although she is the only girl in the class totally kicked the boys' butts. She is so good at everything she does it is almost unfair to the rest of the world ( OK listen to my mommy talk, but I love her) This was her first class so they did a little overview of all the sports just to see how they were doing with basic motor skills. This class is so fun. I have taught it several times over the years and I am so glad I am not doing it anymore. It is much more fun to watch your child participate than it is to teach it. And Logan does a much better job than I ever did.
Because I have taught this class and this is my child and because I am just a little crazy it was hard for me not to over correct her. Cal I think was feeling a little bad because I was helping her with everything and he was the only dad sitting on the side, so I let him help her and it took all that I had not to tell him he was doing it wrong. I am crazy. I just wanted her to use proper form... that's all. And when she did she rocked it !! :) We are looking forward to many more fun classes.
We are making our child into one of those crazy kids that takes a million lessons... but I am just so excited that she is old enough to do them that I cannot stop signing her up for things. She had piano lessons this week and was acting like a four year old and well... it's going to happen. We are very excited though because we are getting a piano today! Our friends are sadly moving :( and are getting ride of everything and we are getting to buy theirs. I am excited now Regan HAS to play.

Thursday... RAIN RAIN RAIN ruined my day! Canceled my tennis lessons and pretty much made the rest of my day crappy. Since I was not at tennis I was home which normally would be a good thing... well Lauren thought it would be fun to mommy's hair, which normally I don't mind too much, except this time she had gotten scissors out of the drawer and I did not know that. As you can see from the picture she took four inches off. It could have been a lot worse. She took off from the middle and thank heavens it wasn't closer to my head or else I would to have had a bob.
I only cried a little and my good friend Liz, did an emergency cut and it looks fabulous. I needed a hair cut I just didn't want to take that much off. If she wasn't so dang cute I would have given her back a long time ago. She did get a stern talking to. She didn't care.. my bad for doing it hours after the fact. She was just expressing her creativity right? I saved the hair... so she can see the first hair cut she ever gave mommy.

I am hoping for a dry weekend but I think that my hopes will be destroyed...

3 comments:

Christy said...

I love that last picture!! ha it really catches the moment ;). That is so fun that you are putting Reagan in all those fun things. I can't wait until Jack gets to learn and do classes. We'll have to get together sometime soon!

Amy said...

Poor you!!! I would die if Ellie chunked out my hair!!! You are sooooo much more laid back than I ever could be... I'm going to take some lessons from you!

BTW I lovve that you have Regan in so many activities... we need to get on the ball with Ellie

clairesmom05 said...

I thought you were going to say that Lauren cut her own hair...you know the normal thing kids do with scissors! That kid takes it to the next level!! Sorry that I got so much enjoyment from that story! P.S. Everything you said about the rain, I agree!!