Monday, June 28, 2010

Good read


I saw this book a long time ago and thought that I had to get it for my children. I finally got it about a year and a half ago and have to say that it has become a favorite. This story is about a little girl who hides the fact that she loves Lima beans because she thinks everyone will make fun of her. She ends up on a wild journey that shows us that being what everyone else wants you to be is hard, scary and not worth it. We should not hide who we are or be ashamed of it. We read this book last night before bed and I loved that my girls picked it out. I want them to know that they should be proud of who they are and everything about them. Life is not about making other people happy by changing who you are. If people cannot appreciate you for the wonderful unique things about you then, who needs them.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

That is one popular book at the children's school.. I think I had that book memorized by the second week of school!