Sunday, June 5, 2011

Two weeks, more like two months.... sorry.

I was reminded today that I had a blog! HA... how embarrassing, It's been a year since I REALLY posted. Don't worry nothing happened; just Regan starting and finishing kindergarten, Lauren finishing preschool, Cally going back to school, Me getting half way done with my masters program, family living with us, weddings, vacations, dance recitals, broken bones, sicknesses, oh and WE HAD A BABY!!

Most of you know that we did in fact not name her Harper as the sidebar might dispute... don't worry I will change it. Aubrey Elizabeth Cason was born on Dec 18th via c-secttion ((grumble)) be glad I was not posting back then. I was kinda a bitter Betty about it all. But all is well and although I am still a grump about it, she is a doll.

I couldn't ask for a better baby. She sleeps 10-12 hours a night, NEVER cries, smiles all day long, and puts up with her sisters craziness. She is bound to be the most mellow, she just watches them and laughs at all the silly things they do. Lauren and her have a bond like you wouldn't believe. I just have to constantly protect Aubrey from Lauren's "love".

Having three isn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. She is really the easiest baby. She goes to school with me, never makes a peep, sleeps when I want her to, and cuddles up, and makes me life whole. After I lost that baby a year and a half ago, I wanted to be done. I thought that two was enough for me and that I cannot do it again. I felt so guilty being pregnant again and just "forgetting" the other one. If I didn't have the faith that I have I don't think I could have had another. Knowing that I will be able to have that child again gives me peace. I have always hated the mentality of when you lose a child, that it is no big deal you can just try again for another next month. I don't feel that way and I had a hard time feeling justified just getting back at it again. I gave myself one chance to get pregnant with her and if it didn't take, then I would be done. Well the lord knows what he is doing. Aubrey is the best decision I have made in a really long time. She has blessed our family in so many ways. She has brought us all closer as a family and reminded us how much we love each other. She has made our family complete and we couldn't love her more.

Well, that's all your getting at the moment, but that should make a couple of you happy, that haven't seen Aubrey. She's the best. I am lucky to have 3 GORGEOUS and CRAZY girls.

Life is good.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Well it's about time!! :) I hadn't seen the little one yet, she's a cutie!

Tracy said...

I think 3 is a magic number. Jackson was the same way! Everything about him was wonderful. She is so gorgeous! Glad you are back ;)

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad I reminded you. I will check it every day until you post again. So do that today, okay? Bye.

RachelBQuist said...

Glad you finally posted. :)